- 2015 CPNG Conference September 12, 2015Registration is open for the 2015 Cancer Patient Navigators Conference to be held on September 12, 2015 at ...Read Full Story
- Have you paid 2015 dues?The 2015 Annual CPNG conference and access to the ACCC Resources are free to all members who have paid their ...Read Full Story
- Georgia Cancer PlanCancer is the second leading cause of death in Georgia. In 2013, an estimated 16,630 Georgians died of ...Read Full Story
- Looking for clinical trials, treatment sites, physiciansPlease be sure to visit Georgia CORE website: ...Read Full Story
- Georgia's Cancer Survivorship ConnectionAre you looking for resources about cancer survivorship? What does it mean? What do survivors, caregivers or ...Read Full Story
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia
Welcome to the Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia website!
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia is a statewide organization of people who guide individuals and their families through the continuum of cancer care.
Our mission is to connect, educate and share best practices among patient navigators in Georgia, so that together we can successfully reduce barriers and increase access to services specifically related to cancer
SAVE THE DATE: September 9, 2016 Annual CPNG Meeting (The Westin Buckhead Atlanta)
Please Pay your 2016 Dues Now! Click here
View Georgia's Cancer Plan for 2014 - 2019! (click here)
Patient navigation will play a consistent, defined and sustainable role for all Georgians throughout the cancer continuum to include prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care.
CPNG includes individuals who serve people with all types of cancer, at all stages, in all types of settings, with a diversity of education and training, but a shared mission.
CPNG seeks to participate in defining the field of patient navigation with appropriate core competencies for navigators.
CPNG strives for excellence through a conscious effort to unite, connect, and share best practices through statewide communications and networking.
CPNG shares a sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
CPNG believes that all aspects of people's needs -- psychological, physical, social and spiritual -- should be taken into account and seen as a whole.
- Build a shared sense of purpose.
- Attract and sustain membership.
- Identify the needs of CPNs and match them with resources.
- Foster collaboration.
- Share best practices.
- Define the value of CPNs in affecting overall outcomes.
- Bring clarity/structure to the role of CPNs in Georgia.
- Educate target audiences about the significance of CPN