- 2014 CPNG Meeting PresentationsLog into the Member Home page, then click on the "Educational Conferences" link to access the 2014 ...Read Full Story
- Georgia Cancer PlanCancer is the second leading cause of death in Georgia. In 2013, an estimated 16,630 Georgians died of ...Read Full Story
- Have you paid 2014 dues?The 2014 Annual CPNG conference and access to the ACCC Resources are free to all members who have paid their ...Read Full Story
- Looking for clinical trials, treatment sites, physiciansPlease be sure to visit Georgia CORE website: ...Read Full Story
- Georgia's Cancer Survivorship ConnectionAre you looking for resources about cancer survivorship? What does it mean? What do survivors, caregivers or ...Read Full Story
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia
Welcome to the Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia website!
Cancer Patient Navigators of Georgia is a statewide organization of people who guide individuals and their families through the continuum of cancer care.
Our mission is to connect, educate and share best practices among patient navigators in Georgia, so that together we can successfully reduce barriers and increase access to services specifically related to cancer
- Please Pay your 2014 Dues Now! Click here
- View Georgia's Cancer Plan for 2014 - 2019! (click here)
- The 2014 Annual CPNG presentations have now been uploaded. After logging into the member section click on the "Educational Conferences". If you are not a member, please register now. click here
Patient navigation will play a consistent, defined and sustainable role for all Georgians throughout the cancer continuum to include prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and end of life care.
CPNG includes individuals who serve people with all types of cancer, at all stages, in all types of settings, with a diversity of education and training, but a shared mission.
CPNG seeks to participate in defining the field of patient navigation with appropriate core competencies for navigators.
CPNG strives for excellence through a conscious effort to unite, connect, and share best practices through statewide communications and networking.
CPNG shares a sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it.
CPNG believes that all aspects of people's needs -- psychological, physical, social and spiritual -- should be taken into account and seen as a whole.
- Build a shared sense of purpose.
- Attract and sustain membership.
- Identify the needs of CPNs and match them with resources.
- Foster collaboration.
- Share best practices.
- Define the value of CPNs in affecting overall outcomes.
- Bring clarity/structure to the role of CPNs in Georgia.
- Educate target audiences about the significance of CPN